Teaching and Learning
The quality of teaching and learning is the cornerstone of any school’s success.
Our teachers are committed and passionate subject specialists who understand how to stretch and challenge our learners in order that they reach the highest levels of achievement.
Through our Teaching and Learning Policies and practice we actively pursue planning for learning strategies that ensure a student’s learning and progress are the main focus of our actions and decisions.
The school is focused on the learning and assessment needs of students. We create consistency between teachers and have a shared understanding of what works well in the classroom. Assessment, marking and feedback are frequent, detailed and accurate, supporting student progress and helping students achieve their full potential to the full.
Our outstanding teachers:
- are reflective practitioners, always reviewing their practice and openly asking for and giving support.
- model the highest expectations of behaviour and conduct
- capture their students’ interest and prioritise student engagement in learning
- articulate the learning process clearly for all students and in a variety of ways to ensure that each student understands expected outcomes
- are flexible, positive and able to respond to students, modifying a lesson in response to student learning and feedback
- know that practice makes perfect and developing mastery is essential to achieve at the highest levels, can present learning materials in many different ways, understand the importance of procedures for students, and that students perform best when they know what is expected of them - how to manage themselves in the classroom and the consequences of not following instructions and the code of conduct
- listen carefully to their students so their students know that teachers will do all they can to help them learn.