NSAT IT Manager
I've been working for the Trust in different roles for 15 years, mainly at Skipton Girls' High School (SGHS).
My career within the Trust has been varied and interesting, I joined SGHS as an ICT Technician and through hard work and dedication have progressed to become the ICT Manager for NSAT, responsible for ICT provision and support across all of our schools. The reason I've worked for the Trust for this long is partly down to the students and people I get to work with, and the satisfaction I get from making a difference to our students' learning experience on a daily basis. From working one to one with students in a classroom to ensuring all our Trust member schools have access to technology to facilitate teaching and learning at the highest standard, there is never a dull moment. I thoroughly enjoy working in this environment and it's not without its rewards; I've been to Barcelona on enrichment trips with the school and I also have the pleasure of coaching the SGHS football teams.
I am fortunate to lead an excellent team who each contribute something different and unique which allows us to provide a professional, yet bespoke level of support and guidance to meet the differing needs of primary and secondary education.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Overseeing, managing and advising schools on purchasing
- Manage all IT related contracts and services i.e. broadband, SIMS support etc.
- Weekly visits to address support requests and general ICT queries
- Phone support for ad-hoc advice and IT support
- Assist in training staff in the use of equipment and software
- Any other general ICT related issues
- NSAT Central developed and now manages the Trust level Sharepoint, which provides a Trust wide and school level tool to support collaboration.